New Life Goals

Recently, I read over my 'Life List ' that I had written a few years ago. A list full of things I wanted to accomplish, my goals i...

Recently, I read over my 'Life List' that I had written a few years ago.

A list full of things I wanted to accomplish, my goals in life. And while a lot of them still relate now, I'm rewriting the list, because my mind has been changed on a few things.

For starters, I'm not teaching any more. I'm going back to study and get a Bachelor of Commerce. I'm going to be an accountant.

I had a lot of trouble getting a teaching job, and at this point, I've been out of University too long, and there are so many new graduates each year. It was time to figure out something else to do.

Second of all, at this stage in my life, I'm pretty sure I don't want any more children, nor do I know if I want to get married.

I'm sure if I met the right person, I wouldn't be against marriage, but I've thought long and hard about having another child, and really, unless I was to have one right now, I think I'm fine with just having L. He's handful enough as it is anyway, and realistically, because I was so young when I had him, I don't want to get to him being nearly 18, and then having to spend another 18 years raising another child until he or she was ready to move out and live as an adult.

It may sound selfish, but I'm not really concerned with it.

As for marriage, I'm just not sure I'm wanting a relationship.

I don't know why it's so hard for people to understand that I am happy with my life as it is. That I don't need a man in my life to make me happy.

I don't understand why people think happiness comes down to if you're in a relationship or not.

My life completes itself. Yes I may be 25, but it's the truth.

Whenever I picture my future, it is L and me. There is no man in the picture.


So my main goals now in life...

  • To be able to live comfortably, but still be able to spend money on things. 
  • To be able to afford to go to the doctors or the dentist.
  • To not be in debt.  
  • I want to have the ability to be able to book tickets to go somewhere on a whim.
  • To be happy with what I have
{Source}



What are your goals?

post signature

You Might Also Like

0 comments