Things I've Learnt... Work

Just because I thought it would be fun to put it out there, I've made a small list of things I've learnt from working in a call cen...

Just because I thought it would be fun to put it out there, I've made a small list of things I've learnt from working in a call centre.

I like my job, I do. The people are fun to be around, and overall it's not always that bad, there could be worse call centres I could work in. Or worse jobs in general.

{Picture from google}
1) People will get angry over the silliest little things, but the thing is, you really don't know what could have been going on to make them get angry. Their problem with your company could just be the tip of the iceberg.
 
2) Sometimes it will be non-stop, but sometimes it will be dead quiet. Just like life. There are times when you're run flat off your feet, busy with anything and everything, and then there will be times when you're able to sit back and relax.
 
3) People are rude. Especially if they think they are above you. Not everyone is like this, but a lot of people are.
 
4) You can have fun and work in a call centre. A lot of people dread these types of jobs, but as with everything in life, it is what you make it.
 
5) EMPATHY - it's really needed. Always. If you don't have it, you should get it. See point 1.
 
In saying all of this, there is a lot more that I have learnt from it. Would I go back to call centre work? If I needed to yes I would.The people I have been working with are an awesome bunch of people and I have enjoyed going to work each day, looking forward to what the day will bring.
 
What do you love/hate about your jobs?


You Might Also Like

0 comments