My Big News

Okay, I'm finally going to tell you all what my big news is! I know, I've been holding out for a while, but truth be told, I...

Okay, I'm finally going to tell you all what my big news is!

I know, I've been holding out for a while, but truth be told, I've been a little worried about the reactions I would get from this community.

My friends and family have been amazingly supportive, and I love them so much for it.

Here's what's happening...

At the end of May, I'm heading to America for nearly 4 whole months. All by myself.
I'm both terrified and excited at the same time.
Excited to be able to participate in something that I know will be the best experience in my life.
I'm terrified because I am leaving little ol' New Zealand, and heading to America by myself! It will be the first time I have been that far away from home, and the first time I've really been anywhere on my own.
It's going to put me so far out of my comfort zone, but I'm telling you, it's going to be good for me. It's going to change me. It's going to shape me into a better person.
It's going to enrich me.
Why am I going away for so long you may ask...
I'm going to work at a Summer Camp, and I can't wait. As I've already said, this is going to be one of the best experiences of my life.
I've known I was going since January, and I just wish I could go now.
I'm also really excited to travel after, which I think is the more terrifying part for me. Traveling, by myself, around this huge country, it's sure going to be something.

I can't wait to meet up with friends who I never thought I would be meeting so soon {in person that is}.

As for L, he's going to be staying here with my mum and step dad. It was discussed before I applied, in fact my mum encouraged me to do this, knowing it would be a great opportunity for me.
I will definitely keep you updated.

You Might Also Like

0 comments