DIY...Let's Make A Pompom

So, I've actually been crafty lately, which by the way felt great. I feel like I haven't been able to get my crafty side out lately...

So, I've actually been crafty lately, which by the way felt great. I feel like I haven't been able to get my crafty side out lately. Too busy with work, and Saturday morning sports, and a bunch of other stuff trying to get sorted.

I decided I would try something fairly simple, and had been seeing a bunch of pompom garlands around on the internet, so decided to give it a go.

So first, I gathered my supplies. Three different colours of wool and a fork.


First I cut a piece of yarn roughly 20cm long before wrapping the yarn still connected to the ball around the fork 60-70 times. Once I had done that I put the piece I had cut earlier in the space in the middle of the fork and tie it tight. I slipped the small bundle off the fork and wrapped it around again and tied it as tight as I could.


I then cut the loops on either side of my tie and cut it down a bit to make it fluffy. This is an important step or your pom pom won't look fluffy at all!


One I had made all my pompoms, I strung them on a piece of yarn, and then hung them it on my wall.


I'm kind of in love with it to be honest.

You Might Also Like

0 comments