Just Not The Same

If you remember here I spoke about my weight loss goals and journey. I've been walking L to school at least twice a week, which is...

If you remember here I spoke about my weight loss goals and journey.

I've been walking L to school at least twice a week, which is great, and I've been trying to eat really well {though this weekend I've slipped up}.

Another thing I'm also doing is hand stands.

I used to do them all the time when I was younger, along with cartwheels, though I'm not attempting one of those anytime soon...

Anyway, I'm still working my way up from doing them against the wall, and have noticed some things while doing them.

1) I'm not flexible like I used to be

and 

2) These hurt my wrists a lot more than they used to

It's a little disheartening for me that I can't do a simple hand stand. I used to have to do them all the time! What happened?!

Well, that one is easy. I got lazy. I stopped doing the things I used to, so now, when I try to do them again, I can't, at least not as easily.


That is one of the most unflattering pictures of me ever, but this is just up here to show you where I know I need to improve on things, and for you to take points too.

Now, I'm no expert with these types of things, but I know one thing, my wrists just aren't that strong at the moment.

I'm working my way up, along with my elbow and knee strength {since both of those joints lack strength for me}

I've not moved my hands back like this in a long time, so it's just aching. It goes away, which is always good, but I'm really hoping that in time, the ache will just not be there.

One thing I really like about handstands is that it works you all over, and helps build upper body strength, which I'm going to need more off soon enough.

I know handstands can be daunting for a lot of people, but it's really not as hard as you think.

Start up against a wall and eventually you'll be able to do one without, you just have to keep working, and if you get sore wrists, there are some amazing videos out there with exercises to help and I highly suggest following them!

How do you feel about handstands? Leave a comment!

You Might Also Like

0 comments