Time for a change...

I know I said I would leave the name, but I changed my mind. This is my blog, and I needed something that would reflect me. Tammy Roses. My ...

I know I said I would leave the name, but I changed my mind. This is my blog, and I needed something that would reflect me. Tammy Roses. My name, well, my first and middle name. A name that has been with me since the day I was born, and will be with me until the day I die. Last names can change, but this, this is personal, and will always reflect me. This is the reason I have also chosen this as my brand name for my shop.

I figured that with the new look and name, I would give you a bit of my story. "What story?" you say. Well I may only be 21 (nearly 22), but that doesn't mean I don't have a story.

So here it goes. I'm Tammy, I am 21, I was born on the 23rd of December, 9 weeks early. I spent my first Christmas, and new years in hospital (considering I was only within a week old). I was the first girl out of my siblings, my brothers are 8 and a half, and 2 and a half years older than me. I have a sister who is 11 months younger than me (she was also born premature by 11 weeks). And I have 2 step sisters on each side. One is the same age as my sister, and the other is 2 years older than me. My parents divorced when I was 5. My Dad remarried when I was 11, and my Mum when I was 14. I stayed with my Mum, as did my other siblings. I don't feel it has had any affect on me, but who knows.

I moved around A LOT when I was growing up, the most time I ever spent in a Primary school was around about 1 year, until I was 9 where I stayed at the same school until I went to High School. I spent 1 and a half years at my first High School before moving to the other end of the country. I spent the rest of my school years at an all girls school there.

In my last year at school, I became pregnant. Yes, I know this is against some beliefs, but believe me, it was not planned. I am a single mummy, but I don't mind, he still sees his Dad and I have a beautiful son who I love. He is now 3 years old, and is the best thing that has happened to me. Having him made me realise what I wanted to do with my life, which included giving him the best life I possibly could. My first step towards that was University. I am currently half way through a 3 year degree studying towards a Bachelor of Teaching. This is something that is very passionate to me, education is the gateway to many things, and children need a decent education, knowing that I will help them get that makes me very proud. To do this, I am living with my Mum and Step Dad, which at times can be very frustrating. But, if I don't do it, as a single parent, I will never be able to buy a house. So I am with them until I get a deposit for a home loan.

In my 'spare time' I like to bake, sew, and make things for my shop. This is in the time when I'm not doing things with my son, or school work.

This is me on any normal day, I don't wear make-up unless I am going out, but that's the way I like it. My hair is hardly ever done, most days I get out of the shower and throw it into a ponytail without brushing or drying it. I sometimes get up extra early before the son so I can dry it.
And my bedroom, it's not much, but it's all I have at the moment. I just stencilled the mirror, it was getting boring. My pictures from when I was a little girl hanging on the wire, and my jewellery box. This was my Mum's, she gave it to me when she got a new one. She got it for her 13th birthday, so it is 30+ years old now.




I still have my goals and dreams, which I do want to achieve, but for now this is me, and this is my life. I may be young, but age is just a number, maturity is what really counts.



You Might Also Like

0 comments