Cinnamon Rolls

Hope everyone's day is going great, mine is. I have just handed in my last assignment for this semester, and now, I am on holiday for ...


Hope everyone's day is going great, mine is. I have just handed in my last assignment for this semester, and now, I am on holiday for 3 weeks. I feel like I really deserve it.

The other day, I felt the need to use yeast in my baking, why? I have no idea. So, I went scouring through my recipes, and found this, Cinnamon Rolls! Way better than making bread, and good for a sweet treat.

I love cinnamon, it is so nice, sometimes I mix it with sugar and sprinkle it over my butter on toast, it is so good.
I was waiting for the dough to rise, and I thought something had gone wrong when I mixed it together, it wasn't rising. The liquids were just the right temperature so I had no idea what happened. The mixture just didn't want to rise... I checked my yeast, turns out it had expired by a couple of months, I didn't think it would make a difference, but it really does. I got some new yeast yesterday and remade some, and the dough rose really well.

Normally I wouldn't put the icing sugar glaze on top, but I was craving something sweet by the time they were ready, so I quickly made it and drizzled it on top. It added just the right amount of sweet so that they were nicely sweet not sickly sweet.





I put baking paper in my pan instead of greasing it. The butter and sugar/cinnamon that had dripped to the bottom of the buns made a nice caramel on the bottom of the buns, it was a nice crunch amongst the soft bread.

I took my photos on my scales, and then touched them up a little bit. What do you think of them?

Cinnamon Buns/Scrolls/Rolls
Dough
4 1/2 - 5 Cups flour
7 grams active dry yeast
1 cup milk
75 grams butter
1/3 cup sugar
3 large eggs

In the bowl of your mixer with the paddle attachment combine 2 1/4 Cups of the flour, and the yeast. In a small saucepan, stirring constantly, heat the milk, butter, and sugar, until the butter is almost melted.
Gradually pour the milk mixture into the flour on low speed. Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition. Scrape down bowl and beat for 3 minutes.
Replace paddle with dough hook (or do kneading by hands), and mix in as much of the remaining flour so that the dough is soft, smooth, and elastic. Shape into a ball, and place in a greased bowl. Cover and let rise until double in size (about 1-1 1/2 hours).
When the dough has doubled in size, punch is down, and put on a lightly floured surface, cover and rest for 10 minutes.

Filling
3/4 Cup light brown sugar
1/4 cup flour
1 tablespoon cinnamon
113g Butter (cold, cut into pieces)

In a bowl, or food processor, blend ingredients together until it is crumbly.

Roll the dough out into a rectangle, sprinkle the filling mixture over the dough. Roll the dough up towards you, pinch the seam together. Let the roll sit on it's seam while you cut it up. Cut into pieces (I use a piece of cotton for this). Arrange pieces in a dish, leaving space between each for rising.
Cover and leave to rise for 1 hour, you can refrigerate them at this point if you are wanting to bake them the next day (just take them out, let thaw to room temperature and then bake).

Bake at 190ºC (3750ºF) for 20 to 25 minutes.
Let cool, and if desired cover with glaze or icing sugar.

Glaze
1/2 cup icing sugar (powdered sugar)
1 tablespoon milk, or cream.


You Might Also Like

0 comments