Strawberry Infused Cupcakes

As I have already said, I love baking. Not only do I love baking, but my family love me baking. I am the only one who can do it well. I mean...

As I have already said, I love baking. Not only do I love baking, but my family love me baking. I am the only one who can do it well. I mean my sister bakes, but even she admits that mine is better. So 2 days ago I made these magic mini cupcakes (although, really, they are perfect 'cupcake' size). I used a couple of strawberries to infuse into the cupcakes, I should have used more to get more taste from them, but Lucas(son) had eaten them all. He loves strawberries. So I didn't have any left to put into the icing, had to settle with strawberry essence. And in the middle of making the icing, I found that I didn't have any red food colouring, but I did have some red writing icing, I used that to get the colour. That's why it's a bit dull.

I think cupcakes are the best thing to bake, so quick and easy. And they get eaten up so quickly. There was one left yesterday morning, not even 24 hours after I made them. This really tells me how good they are.
Today, I will share the cupcake recipe with you, I just used the trusty recipe from the cookbook, it does vary a little bit from some of the recipes I have seen, but I think it's great.

Just couldn't resist

Basic Cupcake Recipe
1 Cup Flour
2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
2 Eggs
1/2 Cup Caster Sugar
125g Butter softened
about 1/4-1/2 cup of milk

Cream butter and sugar until light. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the dry ingredients and the first 1/4 of the milk, mix lightly together. Add the rest of the milk accordingly. Do not over mix. Bake in patty cases at 180º Celsius for about 15 minutes.


Thanks everyone. Until next time, happy cooking

You Might Also Like

0 comments