Fresh Lasagna! YUM

Yesterday was such a good day, and put me in a really good mood. So I thought, I'm going to make something really good for tea, it's...

Yesterday was such a good day, and put me in a really good mood. So I thought, I'm going to make something really good for tea, it's a good day, why not celebrate. And I will tell you this, nothing is better then something made from scratch. Lasagna made with (semi)fresh pasta, and homemade tomato pasta sauce was on the menu

I decided yesterday that I was going to attempt to make a tomato pasta sauce to accompany the meat in my lasanga. I already had my pre-made sheets of pasta in the freezer from my previous lasanga.

I had a bit of a look around to try and find a recipe for the sauce, but then I thought, really, it can't be that hard so I had a go. Sorry about the lack of a good photo, it fell apart when I went to put it on the plate.

Lasagna with homemade tomato sauce and pasta


Homemade Tomato Pasta Sauce
5-7 Tomatos
1 Heaped Tablespoon Tomato Paste
1 clove of garlic (diced)
1 small onion (diced)
1 tablespoon oil
a pinch of mixed herbs
about 1 tablespoon tomato ketchup
Salt and pepper to season
Flour for thickening


1. Blanch the tomatos. Simmer in water until the skins are wrinkled/cracked and then put them straight into waiting cold water. Once cold peel skins off.

2. In a frying pan, heat the oil. Once heated, fry the garlic and onion until soft but not brown. Add the tomato paste and cook for one minute, constantly stirring. (this will bring the flavour out more)

3. If you want to de-seed the tomatoes do so now. If not, mash them up a bit with a masher then put them in the frying pan with the onion mix. Now is the time to add the ketchup and herbs.

4. Let it simmer down until it is thickened, use the flour to help thicken. Season to taste.

Your sauce is now done, you can use this for many different uses not just lasagna, but if you want to use it for lasagna, take it out of the frying pan, and then add your meat and brown, add the sauce back in and you are ready to go.


Happy Cooking everyone

You Might Also Like

0 comments