Ooh La La, Croissants

So, tempted by all the gorgeous French food I have been seeing (where I got the idea to make Macarons). I decided I would make some Croissan...

So, tempted by all the gorgeous French food I have been seeing (where I got the idea to make Macarons). I decided I would make some Croissants. So I scoured the internet to find a recipe that 1. was not too confusing and 2. that wasn't too time consuming. Although the one I found took a while due to rising and chilling and what not, essentially it didn't take too much time away from me to do the rolling etc. And it turns out this recipe is Julia Childs recipe. Courtesy of mamaliga which is where I found the recipe. I did have a bit of trouble, but with this being my first time I've done them....and I stupidly forgot the egg wash... oh well another day. I also think I have messed up somewhere in the recipe, as it is not flaky as it is meant to be, must have been at the butter step.

I don't have a picture, I was leaving it to take one, and then they got eaten! In hindsight I think I will take one right away. So pretty much they were croissants that didn't look like croissants at all

You Might Also Like

0 comments