Back On Track

Remember my post about my sort of quarter life crisis ? Well, I think I know what I'm going to do now. That is, I've figured ou...

Remember my post about my sort of quarter life crisis?

Well, I think I know what I'm going to do now. That is, I've figured out the next step forward in my life. It's been quite a big step really.

For starters, I'm moving. Not for another few months, but it's going to go fast. It will be good for me and L to get away from here for a bit. 

The second thing I've decided? I'm going back to study.

After a lot of thinking about what I was going to do in regards to teaching, I've realised that I'm not sure it's what I want to do now. Maybe I've been out of it too long. Maybe it's just been hard on me not actually getting a job since leaving Uni. Whatever the reason is, I don't want to do it anymore.

It wasn't an easy decision to make really, not when I have a student loan in the mid twenty thousands, but I also didn't want to be in a job that I wouldn't progress very far in.
There's always been these thoughts in the back of my mind... what if I had have done something different, and there was always one career there with that thought... Accounting.

I've always been great with numbers, so why not. To be honest with you, I think I'm better suited to an office job anyway.

So, I have applied to enrol into a Bachelor of Commerce, majoring in Accounting, and I really can't wait to get this ball rolling.

Yes it's another three years studying, but you know what? It's going to take me places. And that's what I want.

Follow the yellow brick road right?


post signature

You Might Also Like

0 comments