New Love

I'm in love... with New York City, that is. I'm home. And as much as I love being home, I want to be back in Americ...


I'm in love... with New York City, that is.




I'm home. And as much as I love being home, I want to be back in America, in particular New York. I had huge expectations of the city before I went there, having been in love with the city from afar for so long.

People had advised me to lower my expectations, telling me all these things about New York that were supposed to put me off the city. Not once did I listen to any of it.  I'm glad I didn't. My expectations of this city were beyond met.

I know for a lot of people that live there, they just don't see the magic of this city, they don't understand the big deal, and to be honest with you, I'm not sure I can explain it either, but I just know I'm in love.

Four days just wasn't enough, and I definitely need to go back there to explore some more, and I know I'll be back sooner rather than later too.


Sometimes I feel like I'm not where I'm supposed to be. In New York, I didn't feel like that. I felt like I belonged there, like the city was for me. Also, not to mention I navigated and used the subway like I'd lived there my whole life, which my friend was glad about.

It was interesting to me, comparing New York to Auckland, I found New York to be a lot cleaner, I felt safer, and it was just a heck of a lot more interesting. It's somewhere I could live, and who knows, maybe one day I will.

Where in the world is your favourite place?

You Might Also Like

0 comments