Foodie Friday - Banana Bread

Hey everyone! Welcome to my new segment that I'm calling Foodie Friday!  As you may know already, this blog originally started as a f...

Hey everyone! Welcome to my new segment that I'm calling Foodie Friday!  As you may know already, this blog originally started as a foodie blog, but then I branched out and it became what it is today, but my love for baking and cooking, and food in general, still lives on. So I've decided that from now on, every Friday I will share a new recipe with you, and also give you some hints and tips to go along with the recipes. 

Enjoy...

For so long now, all I've wanted to do is bake and cook. It was great, absolutely great, having all of my meals made for me for three whole months! There was no complaining - that's a lie, there was some complaining... fish stick, yuck! - But, all I wanted to do was to be able to go into my own kitchen and cook what I felt like eating. Bake something that I wanted, that I knew was going to be made to my standards, something that would be perfect for me.

Don't get me wrong, it's not that the food was bad {except those fish sticks}, or that the cake that we had occasionally was dry, and not tasty, but I wanted to make from scratch. No boxed mixes, no bakery bought, pre-packaged food. I wanted fresh.

It took me over a week to actually bake something since I got home. I just needed to get the motivation to do it, and really since I've been back it's been almost non-stop, which is great, but it's got me so tired.

On Wednesday I finally got into the kitchen and got the motivation to do some baking, taking some pictures along the way so that I could share it with everyone here.

I pulled out my trusty recipes, and decided on Banana Bread. Who doesn't like this? Seriously, raise your hand if you don't because I swear I will convert you. This banana bread is the best recipe I've ever used, and with a sprinkle of chocolate chips, it makes it even better. Really, who can turn down that combination?

It's so soft, and moist {who actually enjoys using that word to describe food?} and to be honest with you, it's probably even better than banana cake, which also takes more time. It's a win-win situation going on here people!

Pro-tip: When the chips have started to melt, get a tooth pick and swirl them into the batter a bit and then there's a chocolate swirl. 

Also, used the bruised bananas, they need love too and they're just as tasty, if not better {in my opinions} when used in baking.

Recipe below. 










 
Banana Bread

Ingredients
  • 140g Butter - softened
  • 140g Caster Sugar
  • 2 Large Eggs
  • 140g Plain Flour
  • 1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
  • 3 Ripe Bananas - Mashed
  • A Handful Chocolate Chips
Cooking Directions
  1. Heat oven to 180C, and prepare tin by greasing all the sides and lining with baking paper.
  2. Cream the butter and sugar until light and creamy. Add eggs one at a time, beating until smooth. Add in flour, baking powder, and banana. Mix until there are no lumps.
  3. Pour the mixture into the loaf and add a sprinkle of chocolate chips {these can be mixed into the batter if you prefer}. Bake for 30 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Leave in tin for 10 minutes out of oven before moving to a wire rack to cool completely.


You Might Also Like

0 comments