Independence

Before starting my journey half way around the world, I was absolutely terrified of being alone in another country. I've never reall...

Before starting my journey half way around the world, I was absolutely terrified of being alone in another country.


I've never really been the type of person that will willingly do things on my own, and knowing that there would be times of my travelling that I would be alone, it scared me. 

It's one thing to be alone in your home city, but to be alone in a city that you've never been in before, that's a whole different ballpark. 


I've been in Philadelphia for four days now, all on my own except for one day when I went to visit my friend at her college, and although I'm not American, and the history of the city doesn't mean as much to me as it would to most Americans, I've decided that there's probably no other place I would rather be independent. It's the history of the city.

It was great being in New York with my friend, and the past three months at camp making new friends has been amazing, but I think it's also been good for me to just be alone, to be able to do what I want to do. 

Yes I've been in a hostel, and I've met people, we've done things at night, bit during the day it's been just me, and I love it. 

Not that long ago, I wouldn't have like to be walkng around on my own. I wouldn't have gone into a restaurant on my own unless I was meeting someone. 

It's nice to know that I've changed as a person. Things I once thought were scary, just aren't anymore. 

This experience has been amazing for me in so many ways, and it has helped me grow so much as a person. 

I really wouldn't have had the past three months any other way. 


You Might Also Like

0 comments