Still Learning

I realised lately that I'm still learning a lot about what I want from life. I also know that we never stop learning these things. ...

I realised lately that I'm still learning a lot about what I want from life. I also know that we never stop learning these things.

Like the fact that I've learned that I know now that I'm not ready for a relationship yet. Not really.

The realisation came to me one day when I was figuring out my plans for later on this year, and someone turned around to me and asked me: What if you meet someone before you go?

My answer was simple: I will still be going...why should that stop me?

I'm not going to put my plans on hold because I have met someone that may or may not become something serious. And that's when I realised, I'm too busy living life for myself, and for L, that I don't know if at this point in time I can fit someone else in there.
I've learned that I'm too independent to be in a relationship.

I know that one day this will change. I jokingly told my mother that I probably wouldn't be getting married until I was 35, which, by the way, would be perfectly okay with me.
I've learned that what I want from my life, is different to what other people want from life, and that's okay.

I learned that some people live their lives to get married and have babies.

I've learned that although these are things I want in my future, they are not the only thing I have my heart set on.

But that's not to say that if I meet someone I won't give them a chance. Won't give a relationship a shot.

That's just something I would have to learn when I get to that point.

As I said... I'm still learning. I'll never stop.


You Might Also Like

0 comments