My First Quilt!

I've been missing again, I know. I missed the Sunday post too. But to be fair, I'm not even at home. I have traveled south for ...

I've been missing again, I know. I missed the Sunday post too. But to be fair, I'm not even at home.

I have traveled south for a couple of weeks to help my sister out. She's just had a brand new baby, and needs a hand with her other two while her husband works. So here I am.

Today I'm going to show off the quilt I made for my niece. It's not perfect, far from it I say, but I am still happy with how it turned out.

Sorry for the terrible photo, but this was taken at about 10pm the night before I left. I have already given it to her so I was unable to get better quality photos.

It has a minky backing, which I was having terrible issues with. A search of google later and I found out how to make it easier. Apparently all it takes is a whole heap of pins.

It has a bamboo/cotton wadding in it and it's so snugly and warm. I'm going to make one for L when I get home!


Isn't she just cute!

Linking up here:
 Show & Tell Thursday's


You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. Yay for you! go you with the quilting! No doubt you'll get better with practice :) I've only ever completed one quilt but have two on the backburner :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute and you've done a fab job on the quilt too x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done finishing your first quilt! Don't tell us its not perfect- I bet you're the only one who sees the mistakes! It looks great to me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a really pretty quilt - well done for making it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a lovely quilt, and what a lovely sister you are to help out like that :)) And yes there is alot of stretch in Minky...I've had similar problems with it in the past.

    ReplyDelete