Apple Sponge Dessert

On Friday night, we felt like dessert. Normally I don't really like making dessert much, because by the time it is done, the craving for...

On Friday night, we felt like dessert. Normally I don't really like making dessert much, because by the time it is done, the craving for it has gone, so we normally just pop up to the shop and buy something. Now, due to it being Good Friday, this wasn't an option, nothing was open. So, I did what I had to do, and found a quick and easy dessert (that wasn't 8 minute self saucing chocolate pudding). I made an Apple Sponge. 30 minutes from start to finish, and it was good.

Apple Sponge and Ice Cream
Sorry about the bad quality photo, I haven't fixed it up, and like I said last post, my camera isn't that great for taking extremely good photos, it's getting old now, still good for out and about, but not this.


So, to make this quick and yummy dessert, all you need to do is:

Take 5-6 apples, peel and cube them, put them in a pot with 1/4 Cup of sugar and 2Tbsp water, cook until the apples are soft.

Meanwhile, take 2 eggs and beat them until they are light and fluffy, add 1/4 Cup of sugar and keep beating until light and thick. Once the eggs are done, fold in 1/2 Cup of flour and 1tsp baking powder.

Drain the excess liquid from the apples, and put them in the bottom of a dish/tin, pour the sponge mixture over top of the apples.

 Cook at 180ºC for 20 minutes. Serve with ice cream or cream

I hope you enjoy this quick recipe.

Till next time, happy baking.

Tammy xx
Wayward Girls' Craft: Wayward Weekend

You Might Also Like

2 comments