Valentine's Day Macarons

Valentine's day isn't really a day that I celebrate to a huge extent. Not because I don't like the day, but mostly because I&...


Valentine's day isn't really a day that I celebrate to a huge extent. Not because I don't like the day, but mostly because I'm still as single as I was the last time I wrote a post, but that doesn't matter when it comes to this special day.

While I agree with the people who say that you should be showing your love all the time, I do like the idea of one day to be extra special in showing that. It doesn't mean that it's the only day you show your love.

The one thing I love about Valentine's day is that it isn't used to show love just for your significant other, and that's why it doesn't matter that I'm single. Valentine's day is about showing love to everyone! Family, friends, partners... it doesn't matter who, and I think that's great.

So, to show my love for my family, today I whipped up a batch of pretty pink macarons, scattered with love heart sprinkles.



The last time I made macarons, they failed miserably, and I'm not ashamed to say that I haven't tried them again for a few years. I was so nervous when making these, just hoping and praying they would work (especially when I had a little mishap with the batter). But by some miracle, they worked, and I may have let out a small squeal of delight when I saw that they had perfect feet on them.

I'm going to link through to the macaron recipe I followed. It's not mine, and I definitely don't want to take credit for it, however it is a new technique to the recipe I usually use for macarons, and I find it an interesting way to make them. So, I used this recipe from Nick at The Scran Line. I definitely suggest you give it a try as it makes it seem so effortless. Yes you still need to be careful when mixing the two parts together, but that's just a part of macaron making.

I think they turned out beautifully, and I am definitely going to be using this recipe to make more in the near future!

What's your favourite macaron flavour combination? Personally, I can't go past a lemon with lemon curd inside. It's delicious!

Until next time, happy macaron making!

post signature

You Might Also Like

0 comments