DIY... Crepe Paper Flowers

I was bored in the weekend, having been childless for most of it, and had seen an awesome picture that gave me an awesome idea. It was a...


I was bored in the weekend, having been childless for most of it, and had seen an awesome picture that gave me an awesome idea. It was a birthday shoot, the backdrop made of crepe paper flowers. It made me want to make a flower wall so bad.

So, naturally, I went to the store, stocked up on crepe paper, and started to create. FYI, you get a lot of tiny pieces of paper all over the floor with this one, so be prepared for cleaning!


To start with, you need to get the colours you want to use, {You can use as many as you like!} and then you need to cut them to the size you would like and round the ends.

If you only want one colour, make two to three of the same colour so that the next few steps work and your flower looks fuller.

With the middle/smallest layer, you can either round the edges or snip it so it looks shredded.


Line all the layers up, making sure they are in the middle and even.



Accordion fold the layers and pinch in the middle before securing with a piece of wire tied around the middle.


Spread the edges around and fluff the pieces out so that they're more flower looking. Attach it to the wall in a way you prefer. {I used tape, but it's started to fall off, so I might use blu-tack instead}

 Show & Tell Thursday's


You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. oooooo so simple and oh so effective and satisfying! I can just see a whole wall covered in flowers! Thanks for sharing and linking up! such a happy project!

    ReplyDelete