When The World Passes You By

I don't even know what to say. It feels like just yesterday I was home all day every day {mostly}, able to spend every free minute with...

I don't even know what to say. It feels like just yesterday I was home all day every day {mostly}, able to spend every free minute with L doing fun activities and making the most of it.

Now it all it seems like I do it work, and I feel guilty.

Now, I don't feel guilty for actually working and making a living, no. I don't feel guilty for being able to provide for my child.

I feel guilty that I work such terrible hours that half the time when I get home, he's already in bed asleep. I feel guilty that when I go to work he asks me not to work late, because let's face it... when bedtime is 7:30 and mommy's not home until 8, yeah, I wouldn't want her to work late either.

I feel guilty that I can't spend the school holidays with him having fun.

I know this is only temporary. Just until I get a teaching job.

I know all these things. But I hate it.

Let's be honest here, I really don't like my job all that much. Sitting for 8 hours a day with most of the time having people yell down a phone at me? It's not fun.

I've put on weight, I feel left out in my own workplace, I stuck in a building all day. I get headaches from staring at a computer {pretty sure I'll end up needing glasses}.

I LIVE FOR THE WEEKEND.

I'm not doing something I love, and saying that I live for the weekend... that makes me sad, but it's true. I live for the times that I can just spend at home with my family, doing nothing in particular.

I feel like everything has been passing me by so quickly. I need to slow down and take in all the moments. I need to make the most of every minute I get.
 

 

Now, I won't go into too much detail on this post, but I do have some exciting news, and it's going to sound terrible after everything I've just said in this post, but I hope in another post I will be able to explain myself.

I'm going to America for 3-4 months on my own, do I feel guilty about this? No.

You Might Also Like

0 comments