Triple Chocolate Walnut Brownies

Hey everyone, hope you had a good weekend. Mine was great, and then yesterday I got sent home from Uni due to earthquakes! So what better t...

Hey everyone, hope you had a good weekend. Mine was great, and then yesterday I got sent home from Uni due to earthquakes! So what better thing to do than bake?

A few weekends ago I bought a bag of walnuts at the local market. Now even though walnuts are delicious on their own, I adore them in baking especially with chocolate.

Walnuts give me wonderful memories of going to my grandparents house. My Poppa would always bake afghan biscuits topped with chocolate icing and half a walnut. They were my favourite - I will have to make and share them one day.

What I have made is just as delicious.
White chocolate chips, dark chocolate chips, walnuts, and a chocolate base - just delicious.
I realise that it looks burnt around the edge in this photo - but I assure you it was most definitely NOT burnt.
This recipe was so much fun to make, and because it's just a chocolate base, you can add almost anything to it. I might try something different next time.

Triple Chocolate and Walnut Brownies
170g butter - melted ***2nd batch with 150g
330g (1 1/2 Cup) Sugar ***2nd batch with 1 cup of sugar
2tsp Vanilla
3 eggs
85g (3/4 Cup) flour
50g (1/2 Cup) cocoa
1tsp baking powder
45g Walnuts (optional)
45g white chocolate chips (optional)
45g Dark chocolate chips (optional)

Mix together eggs and sugar, until they are light and fluffy. Similar to this:
In hindsight I would have used my whisk attachment to do this.

After the eggs are done, fold in the flour, baking powder, cocoa, and melted butter. Once mixed together nicely, add in the extras, the walnuts and chocolate, or whatever you prefer.
Chuck it in a lined tin and bake at 180ºC for 20-25 minutes. I didn't actually time so it may be longer depending on what tin you use, I tested after 20 minutes with a toothpick and it wasn't quite done so tested after another 5 minutes.
Let cool and cut up.
***The second batch that I made - with the changes in the stars next to original ingredients -  turned out much better and much nicer, it was less greasy, and the sugar wasn't overpowering***

I really hope you will share with me any variations you try. It is always nice to hear from people how their attempts with your recipes went.

So until next time, happy baking everyone.

xx Tammy

P.S. The blogger app for android sucks - I tried to do this post via it, but it wouldn't let me upload the pictures right, and kept force closing on me. Not happy with this at all, so much for blogging on the go. C'est La Vie

You Might Also Like

0 comments